A fantastic recipe for a “Greyt” Gourmet Liver Gateau submitted by the Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust. Why not cook up one of these fabulous treats for your favourite furry friend.
This recipe for gourmet liver gateau is a real favourite with the hounds in our kennels. It’s a tasty alternative to shop-bought treats and is a ‘greyt’ treat for using in training sessions with your dog.
You will need:
- 500g (1lb) liver
- 500g (1lb) organic porridge oats
- 1 large free range egg
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
What to do:
- Pre heat the oven to 180o (Gas Mark 4)
- Grease and line a 30cm square ( 12 inch square) baking tin
- Whizz the liver in a food processor until smooth
- Add the crushed garlic, egg and oats and continue to whizz until smooth
- When mixture is smooth stir in the natural yogurt
- Pour into baking tin and bake in oven for around 30 – 40 minutes
- When cooked should be firm & light brown colour
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before turning out of baking tin
- Cut into bite size pieces
Greyt Gourmet Liver Gateau will keep for up to a week in the fridge and up to 3 months if frozen.